We only work with businesses (startups and growth companies) under the following conditions and standards:
1. Regardless of the stage of the company (startup or growth) we must do an assessment of the readiness of the company. This is strictly required as we don’t want to waste our or the founders’ time and money.
2. After our assessment is completed and we determine we can work with a company to fill in their “gaps”, we will make the decision to engage with it or not.
3. We value our talent, expertise, connections and business acumen tremendously, for this reason there is absolutely “no free work” under any condition.
4. Once we accept to work with a company, a simple contract is executed between parties.
5. We do not have a template that fits all, thus, we will provide a draft contract depending on what your business needs from us after the assessment process.
6. There is “minimum requirement” that is needed from all businesses, no exceptions. What we call an “information bank” such as presentation/marketing/promotion collateral is listed at the end of this page. If you are interested in us helping you, make sure you have all the listed items. If you have them, send all the documents to us for an evaluation before the assessment process.
7. After quickly reviewing your documents we will inform you if they meet our standards. If not, you will have to create better “information bank” material (presentation and marketing collateral) on your own and re-submit, or;
8. If you do not have the required “information bank” material you can contract us to help you create and develop better presentation and marketing collaterals which we can use to help you succeed. Of course there is a cost associated with this which you will have to cover.
9. Everything in business is about Introductions and Connections to the “Right” people in the “Right Circle of Contacts”. Relationships are the core of business success, but sometimes our clients need specific resources. Whether it’s access to niche talent, the best technology, or capital; we facilitate finding it for our clients.
10. We help our clients make invaluable business introductions and connections through which new business associations will result and new opportunities (sales, investments, partnerships and M&A as some examples). Our ultimate goal is sharing a vast world of new and high caliber professionals who can provide solid solutions for your needs.
11. How we do it? Over the past decade, we have developed a formula to find and vet the right people and have successfully perfected our unique process of making desired and meaningful introductions. Our growing network of thousands of successful Business Professionals, Owners, Presidents, C Level Executives and Industry Leaders is vast and comprehensive. While in some cases, we may not have the immediate connection to a specific individual, we know who will. Because of our process we make the connections specifically work for our clients needs.
12. Our process: We begin initially by having a “get acquainted” assessment (as listed above) where we learn about your business and explore what potential new business relationships might hold some interest for you. And, based on this road map we start selecting the best possible connections that can provide immediate results for your needs.
13. All businesses we engage with must be registered US entity (We don’t care about the registration State, with proper EIN and State registration numbers and all required Corporate records and other documents such as By-Laws or Operating Agreements in place.
14. We prefer to work with business that have scalable and repeatable revenue models and having a properly planned budget for expansion, product development and launch. We also look for the execution and market knowledge talent of the founders or management team.
15. Here is a minimum list of presentation and marketing collateral you “must” have in your “information bank”:
- LOGO Visually and clearly represents your company brand (SM or TM)
- TAGLINE Distills company identity into a single line (1 line)
- ELEVATOR PITCH Explains offering in a short format that can be delivered within a minute or under (1 paragraph)
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Briefly conveys the opportunity in clear and concise manner (1–2 pages max)
- SLIDE DECK Provides more details on the offering and solution by expanding on all major points stated in the executive summary (8–12 slides, plus annexes 1 to 10 slides max)
- WEBSITE In English, (Designed for the right user target) Functions as a deep dive sales pitch in an easy to navigate, clearly designed, easy to understand, practical flowing layout (Typically a total of 5–7 tabs with subsections as required)
- ANIMATED VIDEO Tells your company’s story and explains your technology (60 to 90 seconds)
FOR ESTABLISHED GROWTH BUSINESSES SEEKING EXPANSION:
- FINANCIALS AND PROJECTIONS
- PRICING, COSTS, PRICE STRUCTURES
- MARKETING, SALES & PROMOTION TOOLS
- TRAINING, ON-BOARDING AND INTEGRATION PROCESSES
- ACCESS TO PILOT STUDY RESULTS, CASE STUDIES AND WHITE PAPERS
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION DOCUMENTS (SPEC SHEETS, MSDS and OTHERS)
- PROVISION FOR SAMPLES, TESTS AND TRIALS
- IP RELATED DOCUMENTS (Patents, trademarks, copyrights)
- COLLATERAL FOR TRADE & PROFESSIONAL EVENTS
- (FOR FOOD, HEALTH, PHARMA AND MEDICAL CO.) GOVERNMENT & STATE REGISTRATIONS
To learn more or start an engagement process: email@example.com
Copyright 2008-2019 Startup Port. All rights reserved.